Here are the results for REBarCamp Perth 2013. I say it was an outstanding success. How about you?
In total there were 71 orders for a total of 89 tickets issued through Eventbrite.
Agents and sales reps
60 orders, 75 tickets, total income $1800
Sponsors and supporters
11 orders, 14 tickets, total income $107.98 (2 tickets were paid for, the balance were free)
2 door sales
In total there were 83 attendees with 81 Eventbrite (check-ins). There were 8 no-shows.
The following feedback has been taken directly from a survey conducted via Survey Monkey. The survey was sent to all attendees. There 27 responses. All responses were anonymous.
What did you like about REBarCamp Perth 2013?
- The informal approach
- The open forum and the ease and style of the event
- The fact you were able to make choices as to what you wanted to sit in on, compared to most Real Estate events where you take what your given.
- Laid-back casual structure of sharing.
- The sharing of information between agents was refreshing. Very informal way of learning, which I like. Great to meet people who are at different stages in their career. I wanted to go to two of the sessions running at the same time…. So the topics were obviously well chosen.
- The social atmosphere, like minded agents and not having any products sold by the speakers.
- There were no PowerPoint presentations, open format, collaborative, no stupid questions and no stupid answers!
- Open forum and ability to hear from many different agents in many different suburbs.
- Openness of people. The fact that everyone was willing to share their knowledge.
- Although I’m a rookie, I was treated equally and everybody respects each other.
- Getting to know other agents, both local and outer suburbs…provided good contacts
- Open discussions for agents with as little as 1 years experience to 25 years.
- The organised “unstructure” of the day – worked so well and the fact everyone had an opportunity to contribute.
- Extremely friendly and open platform for discussion. Excellent organisation by team.
- Learning from others and sharing ideas.
- Being able to speak openly and ask questions within a group and having open discussions.
- Interaction with other agents.
What did you dislike about REBarCamp Perth?
- Some sessions could have been combined for example; direct marketing and prospecting.
- Just about all of the topics only relate to sales, it wasn’t diversified enough.
- Nothing. (4 responses)
- The air con was way to cold. It’s a shame I didn’t have the courage to move between rooms as some sessions didn’t require the full amount of time and there were other sessions I could have gone to….
- A few of the topics did seem a little similar – otherwise all good.
- The foyer at the venue was a bit cramped.
- That I couldn’t stay for drinks…
- Some themes went off track for too long.
- Im not sure the event is for more experienced agents a lot of the questions/discussion was at a rudimentary level of practise/experience.
- Was too short – not being able to speak to everyone, time ran out.
- A couple of the hosts trying to take over in rooms which were running smoothly.
- Could of been more rooms with different topics.
- We may need to be more specific with the topics. Some of the topics like the ‘prospecting’ session didn’t seem to go any where.
Is there anything else you’d like to share about REBarCamp Perth 2013?
- There’s a LOT of organising for these events. Just wanted to say thanks to the organisers!
- Facilitators may want to make sure topic does not go off track. Strong individuals want to focus on their particular circumstances but may not be group beneficial.
- A few people tended to dominate a bit, but you get that.
- I don’t think sponsors should be real estate agencies or franchise groups.
- When’s the next one?
- I really noticed in the first topic I attended that many agents had a very narrow perspective about self marketing, this may be due to the fact that many were from larger agencies with specific “farming areas” I really don’t know if being sponsored by one of the larger supermarket chain agencies is an advantage to your cause.
- Name tags were not visible enough to view a persons name, especially as the tags swung around and most of the time was facing the sponsors.
- Can’t wait until next year.
- Can we do it again?
- Thank you for organising! Very good event.
- Just great job to everyone on board.
The following charts summarise the results of most of the remaining survey questions. Key takeaways here are:
- 89% of respondents rated the event as Very Good or Excellent.
- Respondents were comfortable asking questions.
- Session length is perfect.
- There’s a good likelihood that the respondents will attend REBarCamp next year.
- 89% of respondents said they were Extremely Likely or Very Likely to recommend REBarCamp to their friends.